Friday, August 15, 2008

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot!

Hey Everyone! I hope you are all well! As you already know, Chris and I are on our 'quest' to becoming healthier peeps & have started running...well, the summer took a toll on our goals and now that things are wrapping up we are trying to get back on course! I looked up a few different little 5ks (which you can run or walk) and found on in Sandy on Thanksgiving morning! What a perfect way to start out the day, healthy..then we can gorge ourselves & not even think twice! ha! So I wanted to throw it out there, so you can start walking/jogging..its only a 3.1mile thing, so you can even strap up your kids in strollers & we can push them!
I also wanted to know WHO is actually going to be home for Thanksgiving? I think we should have some fun things planned, and of course, some down time :) I was thinking if its not snowy yet (fat chance) we could do the Alpine Slide, Bachi Ball tournament etc. Anyway, COMMENT if you plan on participating & Ill get more info about it! We could be team CARVER..like for CARVING A TURKEY! Get it? Get it? lol!

5 comments:

Cim Carver said...

I am in! Plan on it!!

Katie said...

I'm in too! I've been running since the beginning of the year and I'm running 3 miles 3 times a week now. My goal is to beat Chris! It may not sound like a lot, but I have to start somewhere! :)

Unknown said...

I think I'll be here... or in Texas... not sure yet. Anyway, I'm in too! It'll be fun and will cancel out some points I'll be consuming later in the day... Good Plan Mares!!

manhattan crew said...

We are in! I know, I know.. I usually only do cardio on an eliptical machine in the gym to burn some body fat, but Im willing to suffer through a 5k with the rest of ya! Lets do it!

Amms and Carlo

lauren said...

OHHH! so fun! We won't be making it... But think of me while you suffer through! Good plan Mari! Crystal...totally welcome in TX any time!!