Sunday, April 20, 2008

READY TO RUN?


Just want to let you all know we put some pics up on our blog of our latest 5k run. We are making slow, but steady progress. I have been looking at different races in UT over the time of Thanksgiving, since we will be there. I found one 5k on Thanksgiving morning at 9am. Anyone in? We are working towards a 10k this fall...We'd love it if any of you want to join our running train! Either way, its pretty much the only thing that motivates us to get off the couch & get in shape! This last race was in Santa Barbara, and I feel like no matter how much I ran trying to prepare for this, I was still so tired! I can't imagine what a 10k or more will do to me! We ran it with a friend from our ward Kevin, Chris' mom Linda, and about 200 other people. I placed 6 out of all women, all age groups, and 3rd in my own age group! The impressive thing was the power walkers who power walked it in less than 28min!

2 comments:

manhattan crew said...

Nice job Mares!!
I don't know yet about me doing the running thing...you know that my exercise routine is strickly for vanity reasons. Who really wants to be healthy anyway? jk

Youre awesome!! i am very impressed by the motivashe that you have!
love you
Amms

Team Ecuador said...

I am really surprised that you were able to huff it for more than a mile Mares...and the fact that you lapped your own husband is proof of your dedication...or his slowness...jk :)

I don't know if i want to run a 5k with you because i can't risk having my little sister beat me...an older brother can't survive an experience like that! jk