Monday, April 28, 2008

Thank you Merck!

For those of you who don't know, Ellie has Asthma. She was diagnosed a few months ago. A couple weeks ago I took her to the Doctor because her asthma was flaring up every day, especially at night and she wasn't sleeping well and neither was I. In the waiting room there was a pamphlet put out by Merck about the myths and facts of asthma. Well, by the time I was called back to see the Doctor almost all of my questions were answered by the pamphlet. Asthma can be aggravated by infections. Ellie at the time had a sinus infection and had had several ear infections previously. Also, I guess it's really common for the asthma to get worse at night. The only bad news from the pamphlet was that it is a myth that all kids outgrow their asthma. Some do, but not all. Anyway, we got her on an antibiotic for 3 weeks and she has to use a nebulizer to breath in her asthma medicine. In the beginning she had to do it before bed and in the morning. The asthma is under control, at least for now, so we haven't been doing the nebulizer lately. Ellie got to the point where she would get angry if I tried to help her hold the nebulizer, so she holds it herself. I thought it was cute, so here she is.





2 comments:

Josh Carver said...

I am glad to hear that Ellie is getting the treatment she needs. Our kids had to use the nebulizer and it wasn't cute!!

It is always good to hear nice things about the company you work for, especially in a time when they seem to be a lightning rod for controversy. On a side note you should beleive everything you read these days.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

She is so cute! Happy to hear she is doing better!! I was wondering if this was a plug for Josh's company! haha. Thats great though! Yay for an update!!
~Mari