Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Camping

It is summer time (finally here in WA) again and the kids having been looking forward to a number of fun things that we have planned over the next few months. One of the things that they look forward to the most is our annual trip to Banks Lake. Banks Lake is located in eastern WA where there is always plenty of sun and fun! We head over there with about 100 or so good friends and create a "tent city" in a giant campsite and then proceed to have a great time here are just a few of the pics!!


Here is Landon playing on the monkey bars at the campsite.
Max played the role of the headless baby whenever we took him out in the boat! The good news was he didn't get sunburned on his face!!


Kaylee is rapidly becoming our adventerous one, here she is water skiing around the lake and having a great time!!

Jacob is really getting into fishing these days, he woke up early almost every morning we were there to head over to the docks with his buddies and go fishing. He was the only one of his friends to catch a fish. He is getting to where he can even take the hook out of the fish and release it back into to the lake on his own.

Jen and Kaylee making smores, a favorite activity for our kids.
Landon was determined to show me that he could man the kayak by himself. He had been watching many of the older kids paddle around the lake and he felt that he was more than capable and no matter how much I tried to help or even just ride in the boat I was promptly told, "No daddy, Ladon do it! Go away!" Even though at times it can be a little frustrating you have to admire his independence and fearlessness!

Just relaxing most of the time.


Obviously we had a great time and more importantly the kids are already talking about how excited they are to go again next year!

6 comments:

lauren said...

They are so cute! It looks like you guys had a great time! :)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

LETS start with the important stuff...Max is the cutest headless baby there ever was! I am cracking up at that picture!! Kaylee is the adventurous one?! AWESOME! She is already way more brave than I am, me + water = mari is the biggest baby ever. Props to her!! She is so beautiful, and getting so tall!! I love that Jake can release a fish on his own, that is impressive since the fish and so GROSS!! haha. And the fact that Landon wants to do everything on his own (being the aunt) sounds so cute! But I can see how it would be annoying at times. He is such a price, it's all over his face! So cute! Your kids really do look HUGE to me, I hate that I don't see them every month!!

Okay, now that part is over...That SMALL snippet of you with Landon at the boat...JOSH YOUR LOOKING AWESOME!! You are buff man! Jen must be lovin' it (wink wink nudge nudge)

Jen looks beautiful as always, she is the only person I know who can still be cute while camping! :)

Unknown said...

I love the headless baby! I miss you guys so much! I can't wait to meet Max too...

Thanks for the pics!

Ammon said...

I love this! Man...I am missing out on your kids growing up! I can't take it!! I am looking forward to seeing you guys in October.
And just to add to what mari said...of all the photos of the kids and family...josh, you are lookin like a lean machine! Atta Boy!!

Miss you all
Uncle Amms

Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob said...

Ok come on we all know I'm the adventurous one!! Kaylee only did it for Skittles!! PS this is Jacob.