Saturday, June 14, 2008

Such a clumbsy fool!

We had a great time for Carlo's birthday on thursday. We reserved a private room at one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants and invited a lot of friends. I am gathering all of the photos from various friends' cameras and I promise to post some birthday party pics soon. BUT.....
As some of you may have already heard, the birthday celebration turned into an "all nighter" but not in the good, fun way. After four hours in the Emergency room and 30 stitches from a plastic surgeon, Carlo and I were ready to be done partying. lol

Here are some photos of me "the morning after" (beware, they are not pretty)




href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgK5x_swxUYYp5nO26h2F0gtg7f5s_hIHAh44hL3h1EQTtryrOolQufJNCNbpqOKr4Hb0z037vHQJGvG-iL3i6BK5p7Fmjh0cq7Nq0NtjyVjhzC85i2wV7AIjfvOnV9SzFVIv03FLa0lFUJ/s1600-h/IMG_1207.JPG">

Just to fill in the details, I tripped in the dark and landed face first on the corner of my dresser. OUCH! I looked like something out of a horror film as we walked to the nearby hospital (facial wounds bleed a LOT!) The best was after we left the emergency room, walking home we decided to stop at Mcdonalds for breakfast because we were starving. Im sure I was a sight to see, with my blood soaked shirt, dried blood on my neck, ears, face AND a big fat bandage over my chin. Happy Meal anyone?
All is well now, I am a little sore on my chin, but I am hoping for a quick recovery with as minimal scarring as possible. It could have been WAY worse and I am very grateful to have only suffered these injuries.

7 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! That is so gross! Your poor chin! You must be in so much pain! And I LOVE the McDonalds part of the story! hahah! I probably would have thrown up if I were the cashier! I hate blood! Sick! I hope it heals fast! Ps. Chris thinks you look bad-a** with that cut!
~mari

manhattan crew said...

I love that Chris thinks Im like a cage fighter now!
I can see it now...
IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN AT 195 lbs, THE ROUGH TOUGH HAIRDRESSER FROM HAPPY VALLEY
AMMON THE TIGER CARVER!!!!!!!

Oh, sorry, I kind of got lost in the moment there. Anyway, lets hope the rest of the world (especially the people I work for) feel as cool about my busted face as Chris.
Amms

lauren said...

NICE SKILLS!!! Ammon, how in the world did you manage to fall face first and manage the "west side" gang symbol on your chin all in one shot! Skills... your new nick name is going to be "W"... I have decided.
On a more serious note... SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR HIDEOUS FACE. jk

love you feel better soon.
Lauren

Spiker said...

Now you will be ruggedly handsome instead of just plain ol' handsome. Nice job! The last time I fell on my face was 3rd grade. Cold day, hands in coat pockets playing hopscotch...you get the picture. Hope to see you soon, maybe if you are lucky I will cook something fabulous for you. ~ Linda

PJ and Lorena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PJ and Lorena said...

Ouchie!! When I first saw the picture from far away, I thought you were shaving your chin giving it a “cool” design, but then I looked closer and I almost fainted. Jk! Carlo is never going to forget this birthday.:)

I hope you’re feeling better Amms! See you in a few weeks…


Lorena

Ben said...

Yikes! Nasty fall! Although I have to agree with Lauren on your mad skills... but I was sure the "w" was for wyeth, as in BEN wyeth, as in your favorite cousin... right?