Thursday, June 5, 2008

These Boots are Meant for Walkin'

Ever Heard of Tony Lama? Unless you are a Cowboy or have talked to Dad probably not. Well Patrick obviously had been listening to Dad, because when he was in TX for work he drove allllllllll the way out to a po-dunk town named Justin just to find dad these special boots. Dad had been telling everyone he wanted these ever since he found out that Lauren & Patrick were moving there. These boots are sooo cool & very nice. Apparently they are made of Iguana skin... fancy! Anyway, this was Lauren & Patricks gift to Dad for his birthday/fathers day & as you can see below, Dad was SO EXCITED!!! He was so surprised! Way to make the rest of us look bad Patrick!



My favorite is how Dad put them right on even though he was wearing board shorts, it was AWESOME! He wore them the very next day to church & my guess is he has worn them everyday since!

2 comments:

The Alvords said...

Ok I know I am not a member of this family but I couldn't resist commenting. I LOVE the picture where your dad is wearing his boardshorts. I LOVE IT! It reminds me of my dad and all of the fashion crimes he has committed in his life.

manhattan crew said...

Great gift Patrick and Lauren!
I can only imagine how excited Dad was to receive those boots!
Happy birthday dad!!

Amms