Friday, October 19, 2007

Australia!!!

I finally have a free minute to sit and post some of the pictures we took down under!!! We had such an amazing time! We were in Sydney for most of our trip, climbing the Harbor bridge, visiting the local beaches, seeing the Opera House, and we even had time to visit the zoo (surprise surprise, Ammon wanted to go to the zoo)
We also spent some time in Port Douglas (northern Australia), where we walked the beautiful rainforest and had our first scuba diving experience at the Great Barrier Reef! Words cannot describe the beautiful things we saw, there's a reason why the Reef is considered the 7th Wonder of the World.
Cannot wait to tell you all the stories in person and show you the rest of the photos...but for now, ENJOY!!
love you all
Amms


Yay! Sydney!!!

This was taken at Bondi beach. All along the coast was a mixture of sandy beaches and jagged cliffs.

More Bondi beach.

This fountain was a gift to Australia from France (like the Statue of Liberty in the U.S., or the Christo in Brazil) I was doing a happy dance, because we had just arrived in Sydney before this pic was taken.

Looking upward through the canopy while walking through the rainforest. Beautiful, right?

Couldn't leave Australia without taking a photo with a Koala! These little guys are sooo boring, sleeping 20hrs a day. I was very excited to interact with the Koalas...what a let down!

Opera House view from the Ferry

We were literally standing INSIDE of the trunk of this tree. So cool.
Thats all for now! LOVE YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

Josh Carver said...

Nice!! I love thie pics, i am so jealous. I have Australia on my listof places to see and the more I hear and see in this case the more I want to go!

Thanks for sharing!

Josh

By the way Amms, Christo should be Cristo...I think. :)

Team Ecuador said...

I still can't believe you've made it to Australia before the rest of us! Man, I remember Dad talking about all of us boys driving motorcycles to Alaska and Australia....and we didn't have the heart to tell him that you can't drive to Australia...jk

Auzzie land looks great Amms! Did you pick up on any of the lingo? I am just going to have to live vicariously through you until I can take these trips myself! So, where are we off to next.....Italy?

Nice post bud!

-pj

Unknown said...

What a fun trip!! I agree with the group, Wish I was you and could go to all these fun places! How cool is tha t koala!!! Im obsessed, I would have pulled him off the tree and let him nap on me for 20 hours, cuddle-bug!! haha. I miss you, you guys seem to be doing great!
love
Mari