Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Spooner Farms

I have decided to officially change the name of this blog to Josh’s Blog. The way I see it I am the only one who is posting anything on here anymore.

That being said I wanted to share with you all some pictures of our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, Spooner Farms. It has become a family outing that we take every year, usually general conference weekend. As many of you know we are now entering into my wife’s favorite time of year and our house is starting to really look like something out of an autumn catalog.


Anyway we went down to the pumpkin patch between sessions of conference and had a great time. The kids enjoyed helping Jen pick out the different types of pumpkins that we "needed". There were lots of different themes going on at the patch, there was a kiddie corn maze and other activites. There was even my favorite, the pumpkin sling shot. I forgot to upload the photos, but in essence Jake and I bought 6 mini pumpkins for a couple of bucks and then there are these really big sling shots that you use to launch these mini pumpkins at these targets in the distance. It is a blast.
I hope you are all well and that you have a enjoyable holiday season! By the way you are all welcome to come to our place for Thanksgiving if you would like!! Enjoy the pictures!




4 comments:

Katie said...

That looks like a really fun place! The kids are soooo cute! I mean, Jake looks cool, not cute. Don't want to offend him. We miss you guys. We can't come for Thanksgiving, but we will definitely have to make it out there soon. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle of the country. :) Thanks for sharing the pics.
Katie

Unknown said...

Yay for fall & pumpkin patches! I am so happy you posted this, Chris grumbles when I make him come to the pumpkin patch! Its nice to have people on my side! haha. This looks so fun, your kids are so adorable! I wish we could come up for Thanksgiving! That would be so fun, and don't worry Josh, Ill post something asap, I love this blog we gotta keep it alive!!
love
Mari

manhattan crew said...

Josh, Im really eager to see the pics of the pumpkin slingshot! That sounds awesome. Great photos of the fam...I promise to post something soon. I have a lot of cool photos from Australia to share!

Team Ecuador said...

Stache,

Looks like you guys are doing more play than work these days! jk I'm definitely jealous that you guys got to shoot stuff with pumpkins...I bet Jen schooled you didn't she? I mean, I've seen how she shoots a basketball compared to you...no competition! :)

And my nephew and niece are getting huge! What are you feeding those kids anyway? They definitely aren't living off of our old diet of otter pops and top ramen...

Keep the posts coming...I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the house...

later later

-pj