Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Big News!!

Once again you all have to suffer through my ranting, however tonight I actually have some news of note. As all of you know, I hope everyone knows, that we are expecting a new addition to our family. I am not sure how many of the details everyone has heard so I'll just recap the adventures up to this point ( I know that the wives like to know all the details).

The official due date is Dec. 17th, yes I know that December is going to be even more expensive now with 3 birthdays (Jacob, New Baby, and Dale). As many of you also know, we got a little scare a few weeks ago when the doctor called to let us know that Jen's blood work came back positive for "downs".

Well, today we went to get her ultrasound and they did what is known as a level 2 ultrasound. This scan lets them check not only the sex of the baby, but they also look at the anatomy of the baby. They check to see if the organs are developing correctly; heart chambers and valves, brain size, bone growth, kidney function, etc. During this ultrasound they also check for what are called "soft markers" which can start to give an indication of whether or not the child could have "downs". Well I am happy to say that they were unable to find any of the soft markers that usually accompany a child that has "downs". Nothing is definitive until the baby is born, but at this point there is no real concern on the doctor's part about the health of the baby.

Now, for the part that everyone cares about...the sex of the next member of our clan. I am happy to annouce that the "stache" will live on!!! The males have now taken control of the house 3 to 2. I have included pictures as proof of what I say is true. And for those of you novices, I included a red arrow to illustrate the "boys" in the second picture.

So I am now going to supercede the topic of the day tomorrow and as for votes on some of the names that we are thinking of our baby boy. So please check you emails and feel free to include names that aren't mentioned.






8 comments:

Cim Carver said...

Freaking awesome! Congratulations you guys! We are so happy for you both.

I am also honored you want to name him Cim...

lauren said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Thats amazing! Another boy, another stache! I am so excited for you guys! Promise me you will keep having kids, cuz my kids won't have any cool Carver cousins their own age! I loved the names you sent out, and I am excited about the no sign of "downs" yet! Thats great news!! LOVE YOU!!!
Mari
Ps...I love that you forgot that Lauren was born in December, on the actual due date of your child! No big deal! haha.

Josh Carver said...

Mari, I am sure that there are a lot of people who have birthdays in December, I was only mentioning those for whom I buy presents!! I love my sisters, but I am not buying them presents!!

Josh

lauren said...

But you could at least mention the coincidence!!! Admit it you forgot my birth date!! Maybe your wife should write these updates, she is the one who remembers all of our birthdays anyway....

manhattan crew said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so happy for you and your growing family! I am really excited that you guys are using my name as one of the options. Your kids are so freaking cute.
I have to say that I agree with Mares and Lauren (sorry), you totally forgot laurens bday. sheesh, pathetic. What concerns me now is...did you forget mine?lol Amms

manhattan crew said...

Hey guys, congratulations. Great news.

Carlo

Unknown said...

OKay Josh, Im sorry! It was funny! C'mon!!! Im really excited for you guys!
-Mari