Sunday, July 8, 2007

Greetings from California

Hello Carver family.
I am glad that the family is communicating via email and blog. It gives me a chance to keep up to date on the latest happenings and on all of your adventures. The shear quantity and diversity of this family's experiences are astounding, not to mention entertaining. As I read your emails, I cannot help but laugh at your adventures. Stories are one thing we never are short of in this family.


Life has been treating us well out here in California. Mari is currently keeping busy working two jobs. Monday through Friday she works at Extras Management, where she works with Casting Directors booking extras for television shows, movies and commercials. All of her hard work has paid off, as she is is being given more responsibility nearly daily. Then on the weekends, she works at a health spa, where she enjoys free spa treatments.

As for me, life is going well. I did well in my first year at law school, finishing in the top 20 - 25% of my class. I am currently working at The Lee Law Firm, APLC, in Los Angeles. It is a small commercial and real estate litigation firm. I have had the chance to gain a great deal of practical experience at the firm, including: drafting complaints, drafting motions, drafting and responding to discovery requests, etc. This fall I will be interviewing at several larger law firms for summer associate positions next fall. I plan to interview for positions in California, Utah, and perhaps Nevada.

Most importantly, Mari and I have been enjoying our summer. Mari can now go out in public without fear of arrest (she took care of her arrest warrant) giving us the opportunity for more important recreational pursuits (e.g. photo shoots at dodger stadium). Mari and I have gone to dodger games, the beach, and the lake and the river. Mari even tried wakeboarding once (i think she was traumatized by the experience. She never got up, but managed to smash the board into her face cutting her lip a feat not easily accomplished.)

Well, i believe this has been long enough. We look forward to seeing those of you who are coming to the L.A. area at the end of August. We will try to keep you up to the date on the monotony that is our lives in California and leave you with the quote from Mark Twain :
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."


6 comments:

manhattan crew said...

I love Chris' facial expression at the baseball game....Carlo says that the picture looks like Derek Zoolander. lol

Crystal said...

I think that might have been what he was going for? I will miss having Chris here this week. I guess it was probably safer he stayed home... I wouldve had to turn him over to the dark side if hed come... There is a Harry Potter fan in ALL of us, it just has to be woken up!

Cim Carver said...

Mine is wide awake, I can't wait for Friday!

lauren said...

SO CUTE! Makes me want to come and pop the happy bubble!!j/k

miss you

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Whoa Whoa Lauren, no popping! Chris makes blowing bubbles look so easy, as for me it looks like my eyes are going to pop out!
We like California, but we don't really get to experience much of it other than the traffic and the high gas prices, we are hoping that will change...someday....
Oh yes, and CHRIS is ZOOLANDER! Sometimes when he dances, he sticks out his tongue, I HATE IT. It looks like a cross between being a perv & someone who is trying to be hot but isn't. (He claims he is a actor/singer/songwriter/dancer/etc) Its funny, but oh so sad..

Team Ecuador said...

Chris has a way of making us all feel jealous that we aren't basking in the Cali sunlight on a beach somewhere and going to Dodger games! Man...life's rough sometimes! :) How are those Dodger Dogs tasting lately anyway?

Its good to hear that Chris is kicking some serious booty at school, especially considering that the entire Carver family is relying on him succeeding to further our own personal endeavors (i.e. retirement, owning our own business, avoiding lawsuits, etc.)! So Chris....no pressure...jk!

Spikers, its good to get an update on how life is going out there---and we hope to see you soon!

P.S. You guys try and get a good tan in the Cali sun for me...because I am getting pasty! Can anyone say "Powder"?

-PJ & Co.