Monday, July 23, 2007

Important Thoughts...by Josh

Alright folks there are a few thing that I need to get off my mind now that my Econ class is over! On a side note though if anyone is looking for some great reading material that is guaranteed to make you smarter faster, i.e. fall asleep faster, I am willing to part ways with my econ books. I do this as a favor to all of you on a quest for knowledge and for a small fee for myself of course, nothing outrageous, just 50% of what I paid making it a bargain at $150 for any of you! Now no one can say I never sacraficed for the family!


Anyway, back to the topic at hand. First, enough of this Harry Potter mumbo jumbo, I mean a wizard is a wizard, right? PJ you should ask for some royalties or something, and according to Cim's last email, there is a chance that Mr. Weasly used to drive a UPS truck before becoming a wizard.


Sorry there I go again, really people there is only one movie we should be discussing at this point.


I took a much needed break last week and saw Transformers and not having seen Harry Potter, of which I am a fan, there is no way it is as good as Transformers. Case in piont, in only its second week Harry and the gang were replaced by "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" (another on my list to see). Transformers although in 4th place this week is awesome! If you haven't seen it you must. If you have seen it and liked it, see it again. And if you saw it and weren't impressed, see it again!


As an expert in all things movie (I own about 200+ dvd's, thus I'm an expert), I feel it necessary to appreciate Harry and the crew and there trickery (Spoiler Alert!! They're not real wizards!), but to annoint Transformers (Spoiler Alert!! They're real cars!!) the best movie of the summer. That is until I see any other movie this summer.


Congratulations on getting through this entry, I really didn't have any thing important to talk about and I still need a cable to upload my videos so I just wanted to ramble for a bit.


Stay tuned, up next will be my revealing look at the most storied basketball team in NBA history, no PJ not the Spazz, the LAKERS!!


PS In case you forgot.....I am the "Stache"

6 comments:

Cim Carver said...

At the risk of being completely disowned by the rest of the family, I actually have to agree with Josh.

While I am sure that the Harry Potter BOOKS are way better than any Transformer books written to date (to my knowledge, there are none), the Transformers movie is definetly tops.

It is a man's movie, full of explosions, cars, guns, robots, and hardly any lovey-dovey crapola that ruins so many action movies. Yeah, the guy does get the girl, but there are FREAKING WARRIOR ROBOTS so who gives a crap...apparently the director agress since they don't even kiss until the end of the movie and there is no bumping of uglies to speak of.

I know that after I watched Transformers, my voice was deeper, I had more chest hair, and my muscles were more tone...in short, I was more of a man. For this reason, I would recommend that Mari NOT watch the movie, she already has enough hair on her back.

-CIm

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I for one LOVED Harry Potter & also loved Transformers. However, seeing as I am NOT a man I didn't walk out with more hair!!(its my arms not my back Cim!)
As for your Spoiler Alert, you can all start getting excited, because we are now starting to book for the new Indiana Jones movie....(not that I really liked the whole ripping heart out of a human chest or all the bugs in the other ones..)
Is everyone coming out to Disneyland in the end of August??
-Hairy Mari

Team Ecuador said...

Alright "Stache" boy, you may have a point with the Transformers movie being better than H.P. (although I haven't seen it yet...sniff...sniff...), but I will be danged if I sit here and allow you to dirty the good name of Harry Potter and his gang of REAL wizards! Curses on you and your family! jk Oh, by the way...the bit about Ron being a UPS driver was priceless...

Side note on Transformers: I heard that it took 40hrs of work/editing per every second of film when the cars transform into the robots...crazy eh?

Are you trying to make enemies? First H.P., and now you badmouth the Jazz?!!? This is ludicrous! You better watch out or else you might have a gang of white, lurpy, short shorts wearing, hill-billy,cape wearing, wizard obsessed nerds coming after you! How can you discrace Ostertag's and Eaton's legacy like that?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Josh on the econ reading. I’m taking this dreadful microeconomics class and every time I try to get a chapter in, I wake up with drool all over my book. I’ve never read a book that can put me to sleep that fast! And unfortunately, in my case, the book doesn’t make feel smarter, in fact, it does the complete opposite. Let’s just say that I’ll be jumping off of walls once my class is over. (Sorry I needed to vent for a little bit). Moving on to what’s important...PJ really wants to go see Transformers so, I’m going to take him to see it next week. I’m sacrificing since I wanted to go see Matt Damon in The Bourne Ultimatum. Ohh…so many movies…so little time!

Lorena

manhattan crew said...

You guys are cracking me up! Transformers the movie leads to more hair growth? I saw the movie (and loved it!), and I have yet to notice more hair growth. But, I am pretty hairy as it is...I will watch the movie a few more times hoping to eventually grow facial hair that is equal to "the stache"s"
Let's not compare apples to oranges people, I mean, really. lol
ammies

lauren said...

I am seeing transformers this week!!!- hopefully in English!!! As far as Bourne goes.... let's not disgrace the name of a demi-god....it is most definitely THE REAL MAN MOVIE of the summer!!!(not that I have seen it yet). Oh and on a side note, WAY better looking actors. HELLO!!!!