Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Harry Potter Weekend...

Well, we had a fun couple of days back at home. It was nice to have so many of us back together again and to have fun together. There are a lot of pictures, so I won't waste a lot of time typing anything. We missed those of you who couldn't be here and look forward to seeing you in August for Caleb's baptism and for Christmas!


Mari was the first one to arrive. They had a lot of fun putting pictures in photo albums for each of Mom's kids. She has had a lot of picutres scattered in a variety of places so it is good to have them together and they are a lot of fun to look through


Here is Mom with baby Logan. This is a great picture.


Here is baby Alex. He is a big boy and really a good looking kid, even though PJ is his dad.


Another great picture. Alex is looking a little concerned, I think it is because PJ had gas.


Mari doesn't like this picture, but I think it is a great picture, the lighting is nice.


Here is baby Logan again, very cute!


Here I am arriving at the airport with the kids. I have found that sitting Joshua on my rollerbag and dragging him around is the best way to move with him at the airport.


Here is PJ on hole number 6 at Hobble Creek. It is probably the most beautiful hole on the course. In case you were wondering, I did par this one.


Here is PJ on hole 12 at Hobble Creek. Great view of the landscape that makes it such a fun place to play.


Dad putting on hole 12 at Hobble Creek.


PJ is a wizard with his short irons...



Here is a little video I shot of us driving off the tee on hole number 5 at Hobble Creek. As you can tell from the video, we are VERY serious golfers.


While we were golfing, everybody else went to the park. Here is Joshua trying to help Logan.


Here are the girls, Caitlyn and Aubrey. This is a great picture.


Joshua playing at the park. He really looks like a Carver in this picture.


Here is Carlo and Justin. Carlo was the kids favorite this trip.


Here is Ammon with his mohawk....I think he is the only one who could pull this off.


Here is Caitlyn at the park, she really had a good time playing with her cousins.


Before heading to the Harry Potter premier, the adults went to Mi Ranchito for some great Mexican food. Of course, this made the following 5 hours we spent together even more interesting (Mari was peeling the paint off the place).


Mari and Crystal at Mi Ranchito


PJ and Alex looking good!



Here I am with Dad...I am not sure what is going on with Dad's face, but I have a feeling it may have something to do with the refried beans.



Crystal and Ammon at Mi Ranchito.


So, after Mi Ranchito, we came home to put kids in bed. Everybody ended up hanging out in the front yard for a bit and we snapped a few more pictures. Here is Carlo and Joshua.


PJ, Lorena, and Alex.

Mom and Mari getting ready to head to Jordan Commons for the Harry Potter premier!

Mari and Ammon about ready to load up to go to the movie!
Mari and I...I am so hot.

We arrived just a smidge early for the movie (about 2 hours), so we spent some time playing in the arcade. Mari beat everybody at air hockey!

The crew waiting to get into the movie!

Did I mention we waited for a couple of hours to get into the movie? Apparently it had an adverse affect on Dad and Crystal.
Here we are in the theater. It was a 3-D IMAX movie, so we got these amazingly cool glasses.
The following day, Grandma and Grandpa Carver came over. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take this generational photo. Four generations of Carvers!

7 comments:

lauren said...

THE PICTURE OF AUBRIE AND CAITLYN IS MY FAV!!! I applaud who ever took it! You are all cute too- but the kids definately win the big prizes!
LOve you all

Josh Carver said...

I have one question about the golf game, what is it crazy shorts day at the course?

If someone would have told me that golf was going to be involved I would have mugged my neighbor for gas money to come down!

Josh

Josh Carver said...

I just watched the golf video and I have to ask a couple of questions. First, Dad have you been watching too much Sergio Garcia, your approach is very entertaining!! PJ when did mullets come back in style in Utah? (excluding the obvious cities of American and Spanish Fork) And finally Cim, Is Katie aware of your "pony riding", it is a little...um... well its "pony riding"

Seriously though I loved the video, I'll see if I can't get some for you guys as well.

Josh

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Lauren,you can give me the credit for that picture, I know I know...Im the artistic one of the family...Josh, we MISSED YOU SO MUCH! (you too lauren) Don't worry, my husband missed out too. He wants to golf with you guys pretty bad!
Such a fun week, So many fun times! Although I have to say with no Josh or Lauren, the "energy" just wasn't the same. Oh when oh when will we all see eachother again at the same time?!
I also must say that I very much enjoyed dads "booty shake" at the beginning of the video. CLASSIC!

Crystal said...

I have cute kids!! You realize Im claiming all your kids as my own right?

Team Ecuador said...

Okay Josh, don't be hatin' on the guys that can pull off the crazy shorts! We all know that wearing shorts like that has been known to improve your golf game...as well as sporting a sweet mullet which will allow you to know which way the wind is blowing! Luckily for me, I had both those items working in my favor that day...

And don't kid yourself about mugging a neighbor for gas money, just mug Cim! We all know that he is rollin' in the dough these days...wipin' himself with 20s! jk

Cim Carver said...

I have to say, I love the golf video...it may have been because I drove the ball 15 yards from the green!

I am hoping we can talk Chris into getting onto his dad's Country Club course in August...hopefully Josh and PJ can be there!